Our annual, free, downloadable pdf Summer Reading Guide has been a smashing success over the past three years. After receiving numerous requests, we are happy to now host The 2023 Summer Reading Challenge!
The 2023 Summer Reading Challenge for Adults
What is the 2023 Summer Reading Challenge?
This 2023 Summer Reading Challenge is designed to help adults challenge themselves and get the most out of their summer reading! We’ve created a summer reading challenge with five prompts that you can follow in chronological order or mix and match as you see fit.
The goal is to read five books this summer, one for each prompt. You should also read them during the three summer months of June, July, and August.
How does the Summer Reading Challenge work?
Participants are encouraged to read five books over the summer period (June, July, and August) and read one book for each prompt. Once a book has been read, participants are encouraged to share their reading experience on social media using the hashtag #BiblioLifestyleChallenge or download and share our reading challenge graphic!
What day does the Summer Reading Challenge start?
The Summer Reading Challenge will begin on Thursday, June 1st, 2023.
Technically the first day of summer in the northern hemisphere is Wednesday, June 21st, but we like to start our summer reading early.
Plus, our annual, free, downloadable pdf Summer Reading Guide is usually available on the last Friday in May. That is just before Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial beginning of summer in the United States.
What day does the Summer Reading Challenge end?
The Summer Reading Challenge will end on Thursday, August 31st, 2023.
What is the Summer Reading Challenge 2023 theme?
The theme for the BiblioLifestyle 2023 Summer Reading Challenge is — “Reading S’more This Summer.” We hope our carefully selected prompts will encourage you to read more this summer, and who knows, maybe make some s’mores too!
More about The 2023 Summer Reading Challenge
What are the summer reading challenge prompts?
The five prompts for our 2023 Summer Reading Challenge are:
- Seasonal setting — Read a book set in the summer
- Discover a newbie — Read a debut novel
- Armchair travel — Read a book set in a destination you want to visit
- Buzzy book — Read a popular book that everyone is talking about
- Take a chance — Read a book from a genre you’ve never read or rarely read
How many books do you read for the Summer Reading Challenge?
We are reading 5 books. But if you’re a voracious reader looking for more of a challenge, you can read two or three books from each prompt for a total of 10 or 15 books.
If you’re looking for even more books, you can check out some books from our past reading guides or curated summer reading lists.
- 2020 Summer Reading Guide
- 2021 Summer Reading Guide
- 2022 Summer Reading Guide
- Classic Novels to Read in Summer
How do you start reading in the summer?
It’s easy! Join us for the Summer Reading Challenge, prepare your reading list, and schedule some time to read. There is no right or wrong way to participate in the summer challenge – just read one book for each prompt and have fun with it!
If you are new to reading in the summer or just starting a reading habit, I recommend getting started by taking our What’s Your Reader Type? Quiz. This quiz will help you get clear on where you are right now in your reading journey and, based on your reader type, provide you with the resources you need to start reading, maintain the habit, and get intentional.
By taking the quiz, you will learn more about joining like-minded readers on our BiblioLifestyle online community and getting more tips and recommendations.
What are the benefits of participating in the challenge?
The 2023 Summer Reading Challenge is designed to help participants:
- Broaden their horizons by reading a range of books
- Challenge yourself by participating and completing a challenge
- Provide an escape from our every day lives
- Boost creativity and imagination
- Improve focus and concentration
- Foster a love for reading!
Is summer reading beneficial for adults?
Absolutely! Reading expands your understanding of the world, increases empathy, and encourages creativity. Summer reading is also a great way to relax and unwind and can benefit readers of all ages.
So, if you’re looking for an escape or are overwhelmed by the everyday grind, why not participate in our 2023 Summer Reading Challenge? You’ll have fun, learn something new and make the summer more enjoyable!
So what are you waiting for? Gather your books, call in your friends and family, and join us for the 2023 Summer Reading Challenge and let’s read s’more this summer!
Interested in participating in our additional reading challenges?
- The theme for the yearlong BiblioLifestyle 2023 Reading Challenge is — “Reading Across Genres,” — and we hope you’re ready for an exciting new way to explore different genres and dive into some truly captivating stories.
- The BiblioLifestyle 2023 Fall Reading Challenge is designed to help adults challenge themselves and get the most out of their fall reading! The fall reading challenge has three prompts. So you can follow in chronological order or mix and match as you see fit.
Do you have summer reading goals or plans for 2023?
What goals you’re hoping to achieve? Do you have some books you’re looking forward to reading? Please let us know in the comments!
- Get our latest Summer Reading Guide here.
- Looking for the perfect beach read? Check out The Ultimate List of Beach Reads for 2023 book list.
- Want to add some classics to your reading list? Listen to our Summer Classics: 3 Iconic Novels to Heat Up Your Reading List podcast episode.
- Listen to our Summer State of Mind: Discovering the Joy in Seasonal Living podcast episode and be more present this summer.
Last Updated on May 23, 2023 by BiblioLifestyle