Last Updated on January 25, 2024 by BiblioLifestyle
The Other Mothers by Katherine Faulkner
APPLE | GOOGLE | SPOTIFY | AMAZON
What happens when a murder is linked to a group of mothers you’re friends with? In The Other Mothers, a young journalist finds herself in the middle of a wealthy London community of mothers, but as she investigates mysterious deaths, she starts questioning her new friends’ intentions. In this episode, Katherine Faulkner shares her insights on crafting a suspenseful narrative set amidst the dark underpinnings of a local nanny’s mysterious death. She also offers a fascinating glimpse into her writing process and the elements that make a story both thrilling, readable, and relatable. But we don’t just talk about The Other Mothers; we even circle back to her debut Greenwich Park, the books she’s reading, plus more.
The Other Mothers is one of the books in The 2024 Winter Reading Guide.
BOOKS MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW
BOOKS READ, LOVED, AND WOULD NOW RECOMMEND
- The Push by Ashley Audrain (Amazon or Bookshop)
- The Whispers by Ashley Audrain (Amazon or Bookshop)
- Beware The Woman by Megan Abbott (Amazon or Bookshop)
- The Drift by C.J. Tudor (Amazon or Bookshop)
CURRENTLY READING & BOOKS ON THE TBR
- Playing Beatie Bow by Ruth Park (Amazon)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Amazon or Bookshop)
- Cat’s Eye by Margaret Atwood (Amazon or Bookshop)
- Voyage in the Dark by Jean Rhys (Amazon or Bookshop)
About Katherine Faulkner
Katherine Faulkner, an award-winning journalist, studied history at Cambridge. She has worked as an investigative reporter and an editor and was formerly the joint Head of News at The Times (London). She lives in London, where she grew up, with her husband and two daughters. She is the author of The Other Mothers and Greenwich Park.
Looking for more podcast episodes? Tune in here.